We just released a hot-fix for VS 2008 which includes a ton of value added features... We would had loved to have many of these covered within VS 2008 itself but as you can imagine it is not always possible to delay release to get everything in...
The key idea over here is to be able to provide incremental value over the product frequently and be agile in responding to customer suggestions... With all these value added releases coming out many have said that there are manageability concerns, but I would recommend looking at this as ala carte service, everyone does not need to constantly upgrade if you are not facing any of these issues daily, with VS 2008 SP1 all of this will be rolled up any ways...
The key issues that this hot-fix will address:
HTML Source view performance
- Source editor freezes for a few seconds when typing in a page with a custom control that has more than two levels of sub-properties.
- “View Code” right-click context menu command takes a long time to appear with web application projects.
- Visual Studio has very slow behavior when opening large HTML documents.
- Visual Studio has responsiveness issues when working with big HTML files with certain markup.
- The Tab/Shift-Tab (Indent/Un-indent) operation is slow with large HTML selections.
Design view performance
- Slow typing in design view with certain page markup configurations.
- Quotes are inserted after Class or CssClass attribute even when the option is disabled..
- Visual Studio crashes when ServiceReference element points back to the current web page.
Web Site build performance
- Build is very slow when Bin folder contains large number of assemblies and .refresh files with web-site projects.
Know more and download this hot-fix
You can read more and download the release from our team blog here